If you are in search of fulfilling experiences that do not cost a fortune, opting for hotels near Leeds Metropolitan University would possibly be the best choice. Leeds has several interesting tourism opportunities to offer. Irrespective of whether you are interested in nightlife, shopping or in historic and cultural sites, Leeds and the areas in and around would hardly disappoint you. Especially, if you have planned your trip with kids and family, the following options could be of interest.
Ideal Destinations for Leeds Family Outings
Top destinations to explore in Leeds once you have checked into one of the top hotels near Leeds Metropolitan University like Holiday Inn Express Leeds East include:
- The Harewood House and Gardens: This is the family seat of the Earl and the Countess of Harewood. It is situated at a distance of a mere 7 miles from the city center and the settings are truly gorgeous. The collections here can rival some of the best in the world. This treasure house was constructed in the 18th century. A complete schedule of exhibitions and interesting events is planned every year. There are stunning gardens spanning over 100 acres of land. The famous bird garden here houses some very rare species of birds. So, the place has loads in store in terms of activities, historic remnants and wildlife sightings. Your kids are bound to have a great time here.
- The Temple Newsam: This one is an estate of the Tudor-Jacobean origin which was once the property of Henry VIII. It is the largest rare breed’s farm for Europe and is at a distance of 4 miles from the city centre. This place would be an ideal hangout for visitors of all ages.
- Lotherton Hall: If you are interested in bird watching, the Lotherton Hall, with its resplendent surroundings would be your best pick. It is an Edwardian styled country home with resplendent surroundings. There are formally styled wooded grounds and wildflower gardens along with a deer park. You can also catch glimpses of the world’s largest collection of birds belonging to endangered species.
- Tropical World: If your kids or family members are true wildlife enthusiasts, it would be prudent to headto the Tropical World for a charming experience. You can catch glimpses of exotic meercats, butterflies, crocodiles, bats and much more. The ambience would allow you to enjoy the heat of the rainforests without having to leave Leeds.
- The Thackray Museum: This museum tells the story of the inception of medicine. This is a place where your kids can learn more about the human body in a very fun wa
- The Royal Armouries Museum: This museum proudly stores the best collection of arms and armour in the whole of Britain. There are over 75,000 objects on display.
Other Eminent Sites to Explore
Other eminent sites to explore when you are in Leeds include London Embassies , Madame Tussauds London Museums , Imperial College , Kensington palace , Kensington Gardens , Harrods , Royal Albert Hall , Buckingham Palace , Kensington Palace , Kensington Station , London Eye , Knightsbridge , Earls Court , Chelsea. Consider budget hotels near Leeds University for accommodation, so that you can save for all that you wish to explore.